Pet Emergency Services at Kingsport Veterinary Hospital.
At Kingsport Veterinary Hospital, we are committed to ensuring your pet has access to the best care possible, especially in the event of an emergency.
When to Seek Emergency Care
Determining whether your pet needs emergency care can be overwhelming and frightening. We advise you to contact us or one of our emergency care referral facilities immediately if you feel your pet’s condition is serious and cannot wait. A trained professional can help you decide on the best course of action. The following guidelines can be used as an aid in making a decision. If your pet is exhibiting any of the following signs, they most likely need to be seen on an emergency basis. This list is by no means comprehensive.
- Difficulty breathing
- A distended, bloated abdomen
- Profuse hemorrhage or major known trauma
- Collapse or profound weakness
- Sudden loss of use of the rear legs
- Unable to urinate or defecate
- Protracted vomiting or diarrhea
- Known exposure to dangerous poisons